Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Elements and T-Shirts

Yesterday in STAC Art we started to work on our designs for the STAC 2011-2012 T-Shirt. Mr. Ganes told us to reinvent what the STAC t-shirt means and to make the STAC t-shirt something that everyone will start to look forward to designing in the coming years.

As of right now, the t-shirt idea that I had in mind is kind of a secret, but after the voting I'll post pictures to the blog (just like I do with 99% of my STAC Art projects). I'm really excited to present it to the class and really really really proud of it!! Even if it doesn't get voted as the t-shirt, I'll still be proud of my hard work, and maybe even bring it back next year!

Acting. Today was completely different then acting ever was before. Usually I'm a little timid and embarrassed when Luke tells us to do some things (for example, walking around like primal apes), but today I really wasn't. For the most part I wasn't embarrassed at all. I was just having a good time and let myself really feel. And that totally made the difference.

Today had to do a lot with movement. Luke told us to move as if we were different elements (Fire, Water, Air, etc.) That was really interesting for me.

At first, I was kind of shy and timid but after a while all of it just came out. It was almost scary in a way because I didn't know I could feel that much while acting. It really opened up a lot of things for me. And I think I have Dada to thank for that.

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, Dada really taught me to be myself and to be free, and I think that the Dadaism concept was subconsciously applied to acting today. I just didn't feel afraid to express myself and be myself. It made everything so much easier.

I'm really excited for acting next week because of the great progress I made this week. I can't wait to see what we will tackle next and how we can approach feeling things differently. These classes have honestly made a difference in my acting, and I'm so glad. They're really helping and they're really fun! Next week should be awesome, and I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. You did have a good day today. Much improved. Some of it is... stop trying to improve, and improving just sort of happens. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete