Monday, October 17, 2011

Families Fight Too, And My Week In Review

Wow, I haven't blogged in a while! A lot has happened since I last blogged in STAC.

Tuesday we picked our t-shirt design. Although mine wasn't voted the t-shirt, I was still proud of what I accomplished, and I absolutely adore both designs that got chosen. I would love for either to be the STAC 2011-2012 t-shirt! I can't wait to see which one it is!

Thursday people from the country (not the state, but the country) of Georgia came to film us all day in STAC. I felt like a Kardashian! No, totally kidding, forget that reference. But in all honesty, it was fun. Or at least, to me, and my group.

We were all split up by grades to start working on new projects focusing on power. As a sophomore, I was placed in the sophomore group (which makes sense, obviously). All of the sophomores in STAC happened to all be girls! An even funnier coincidence is that half of the sophomore girls are under the art discipline, while the other half are music and dance disciplines. So, naturally, we got split up by that. In my group, it was all 4 dance girls, and Ellen, who was said to compose original music for us to dance to for this project.

To be perfectly honest, we all worked together really well. Most of us had worked together for Dada dance in September, so we all knew each others dance backgrounds and ideas from last time. That made it a little easier to work together. Also, we are the same age, all of us are friends outside of STAC, and we've all been going to school together since 6th grade. So, it worked out really well. We all considered Thursday a huge success, and we were all excited to see what was going to come on Friday.

... And Friday was pretty interesting. We started out with defining what art was to us. I really liked that conversation because it really opened my eyes to a lot of aspects of art that I never really thought of before. I really hope we have more conversations like "What Is Art?" because it gets you to think a lot. Like Luke said during the conversation, "this entire lecture/conversation is a gift." And it really was. It got me thinking all weekend what art really was. It made me think about how I can go around saying "I love the arts, they're my passion," and yet not have a personal definition for them. So, as a result, I'm working on my definition of art, and what it means to me. I'll blog what it is when I get to it, I promise.

Anyway, after a while the conversation escalated into the subject of power, which brought us to our projects. I was excited to share with the class how well we were doing, and excited to hear how everyone else was doing too. But, let's just say things didn't work as great as they did for us, for everyone else.

The freshmen and the seniors both said that they had a ton of problems, and things started to get really intense. The seniors said how they were fighting amongst themselves, and soon the fights became a part of the discussion. Of course, no one picked sides, because no one was right and no one was wrong. It was just a matter of them having to work together, and work things out.

There was a lot of what felt like hatred in the room when I left on Friday, and everyone was tense. You could tell that people were mad at each other. And that's okay. People who love each other fight, it's healthy, it's human nature, and it'll resolve, I'm sure of it. I really want to see how this resolves and what the final product is in their project (because we've seen the process that it took to reach that).

Today we worked on dance again. I can honestly say, we've made a ton of progress. I don't wanna post any ideas yet, because they're changing by the minute, but once we're sure of what we're doing, I can't wait to blog about it. And I most defiantly cannot wait to show what we have to the class because I think it'll be something really great. Even better then Dada Dance!

Next Friday we have a field trip and I'm like, super excited. I can't wait to stay for the entire field trip this time and enjoy the entire thing! It's going to be a ton of fun, I know it!

Tomorrow we're rotating between STAC Art and STACting and I'm excited for both (as usual). I can't wait to get back into the general swing of things in STAC and start working on my acting again, and learn a new type of art form. This week should be a good one, but then again, what week isn't good in STAC?

1 comment:

  1. STACting. I didn't get the pun, for a second. Nice one XD

    I wonder what would have happened if Luke put us all together in one group (?)

    ReplyDelete