Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Starting STAC And All About Me!

Hey Internet! This is the first time I've ever written on or kept a blog (other then the two months in 5th grade when we used one, which I don't really think counts all that much) and I'm excited to see where I go with this. I have a feeling that it will actually be pretty fun.

So, a little about myself. My name is Sarah, and I love everything that has to do with music, acting, dancing, or writing of any kind. I'm absolutely in love with musical theatre, and become attached to just about any musical/play that I see (attached to the point where I'm trying to figure out which character I could play in the rarity that it would be run at our school). Singing and dancing are like second nature to me, and I find myself subconsciously doing both, just about anywhere. Literally, anywhere, anytime. My life is like a High School Musical movie, but I honestly love it and wouldn't have it any other way. And over the past couple of years, I've come to appreciate and love acting a lot more then I did when I was a kid. The idea of playing someone else, becoming that one character, and performing as them, and not yourself, has become something that I find absolutely interesting. All of that being said, I honestly think I'm almost addicted to performing. Being on stage, in front of any audience, is probably the greatest gift you could ever possibly give me (and my birthday is a week from Saturday, just saying...) The stage feels like home to me, and that is where I want to be all the time, 24 hours a day. I've also come to love writing over the past year, and wrote a full length novel for one of my electives last year. That was a fantastic experience for me as well. Once it was finished, it was almost surreal. I was amazed at myself that I had actually finished a full length novel. As you can tell, the arts mean the world to me, and I aspire to do something with any of them some day in the future.

That is why I think STAC is perfect for me, and so far it's going great! It's fun to be in a room surrounded by people who are passionate about the same things as you. Although I've only been in for two days, it seems to me that STAC is a group of people who all share the same love, and want to share that with the rest of our school. And believe me, I'm so glad that I'm officially a part of that.

1 comment:

  1. That is amazing that you're written a novel! Wow. Talk about discipline!

    What is... what is your dream role? What is the role you would just LOVE to play?

    ReplyDelete