Sunday, January 1, 2012

Horrible Movies

Over break I watched a completely horrible movie called "Waiting for Forever." It was truly truly awful.

For starters, the plot was completely underdeveloped. I had absolutely no idea what was going on. It was like the writers just assumed you knew everything that was going to happen every time a new scene rolled around.

Also, the movie contradicted itself. For example, there was one really whacked scene where the mother is like beating the father with a rag screaming about how much she hates him, and then two seconds later they're laughing and in love again with no transition to tell you why.

The storyline was also just plain weird. I wish I could explain it or summarize it, but I really can't, because I had no idea what was going on by the end of the movie.

The lighting and filming was also horrible. The movie was so dark, and there were constantly shadows over the actors faces. Every time the camera panned an area, it would shake, like some teenager was holding it and making a short film just for kicks.

And lastly, the special effects were ridiculously horrible. At one point in the movie, half of the screen was pouring rain and the other half was not. It was just really pathetic.

Thankfully though, I got something out of this horrible movie. I was so proud of myself for understanding and identifying what makes a movie good, and how and where it went wrong in this movie.

I thought it was pretty funny how you can learn so much more from a bad movie than you can learn from a good movie. If you see a good movie, it's just nice to see and that's it. But if you watch a bad movie and pick up on all of the flaws, you know that you're learning about what make a good movie good and a bad movie bad.

All in all, although it was pretty painful to watch, I'm glad I saw "Waiting for Forever," because it taught me a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Huh. A good observation about bad movies~

    (It seems that rottentomatoes agrees with you. When I wikipedia'd the movie, a link to the page said that people gave it 1 star out of 5 and a 1% good rating XD)

    ReplyDelete