Wednesday, January 25, 2012

STAC Live

I really don't know how to put my past few weeks into words. They've been a whirlwind of good and bad with a sprinkle of stress, and I can't even begin to explain to you why. But over the past few weeks, I performed in STAC Live.

Last year, when I saw STAC live I was inspired, and was amazed at the talent level. This year when we started bringing Snuggies into the mix, I didn't really know what to think of it. I mean sure, we thought it was hilarious, but I knew there would be at least one or two idiots in the audience who would actually believe it. Not to say the idea was bad, because it was really funny, but I just didn't think that it was the right time to use it.

Once STAC live was completely changed last minute, it had a completely different feel to it. It wasn't structured, and it wasn't fake. And I liked that. Granted, I wish we'd had more time to figure out STAC live before the actual day of performance, but I think we worked it out as well as we could given the last minute circumstances.

There were a lot of elements to STAC live this year that were really different, that I think some people really enjoyed. Like the circle plays for example. People loved them. They were funny, interesting, and people wanted to know what was going on at all times. I think that the circle plays were a great idea to add to STAC live because it showed off both the writing and acting disciplines.

Another thing that I thought was really interesting that the audience liked were the couple plays. People ate them up. They were eager to see what would happen with the couples, and enjoyed them. I think those were a good aspect to add to the show as well. It showed off our improv ability.

I think "Kooks" showed off our music ability, and I think people were completely freaked out by the Snuggie dance that went along with it, but that was the whole point, wasn't it? Which got me thinking. I don't really think people have to get STAC to like it. I mean, you really can only understand STAC if you're a STACie. I think that this STAC live, that showed passion and determination and work ethic kind of shocked HHS. I don't think they were expecting us to be serious, which we honestly are under all of the fun and creative ideas. I think that showing them that we're serious was a smart idea, and I think that we should continue to do so. I think we should save our crazy ideas for ourselves for a while, and show the school that we mean buisness, because we do.

2 comments:

  1. This is probably the best assessment of STAC live this year that anyone will come up with. It worked, it was loopy, not everyone needs to get it to like it. And we move forwards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I agree, moving forwards is always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete