Saturday, December 10, 2011

Permanent Words

A couple of weeks ago in STAC, we started to plan out STAC Live. After discussion we took our ideas to the wall outside and started to connect our ideas to 3 themes: Fun, Alternatives, and Maximum Use of Passion.

While I thought this was a great idea because it made it easier for us to branch off of each other and create new ideas based on others, to me this held something more.

I tend to think about the future a lot. I've always been interested, and maybe even worried about what is next in my life. Lately, I've been thinking about college and what I really want to do when I graduate. Granted, I still have 2 and a half years of high school left, but like I've mentioned many times before, I'm a pretty proactive person.

Lately I've been thinking about what life is going to be like once I graduate, and how I'm still going to be remembered at a school that I will remember for a long time. Every time I think about this, I get back to the STAC walls outside of the STAC room.

This year, I've written my thoughts, ideas, and passions on the STAC wall twice. I've come to realize that no matter how many times that the wall gets painted over, my words will still be there. Under layers and layers of paint, things that I've written, memories that I've had will still be there. To me, that means a lot. It comforts me to know that years from now, my permanent words will still be etched into that wall. It doesn't matter if it's seen or not, because I'll know that it's there.

This may seem corny, and cheesy, and lame, but it means a lot to me. I'm bad with change, which sometimes makes accepting reality hard for me. But knowing that my words will never change on that wall gives me comfort. Knowing that they'll always be there.

Sometimes, they make me worry less about the future, because I'll always know that there's still a part of me left in high school. A part of me still left with STAC. A part of me left with something that has truly changed my life, and made me who I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment